Join our team
At Focus Travel Partnership we believe that our people are our biggest strength. The knowledge that we have in our team is vital in providing the innovation and commercial excellence that our partners have come to expect. We employ people with strong Travel Industry backgrounds that can add value and insight and ultimately help us enhance and deliver outstanding service and innovation.
If you feel you want to make a difference at work and feel you can bring excellence to our Partnership then we are keen to hear from you.
Focus Travel Partnership is committed to creating a stimulating and supportive working environment based on mutual respect and trust where equality of opportunity is offered to all our employees, customers and job applicants. We recognise the link between equality and high-quality performance, and we understand that ensuring equality of opportunity is essential for the successful and innovative development of our business
PR & Marketing Executive
Salary and benefits: Negotiable
Reporting to: Partnership Project Manager
Who you’d be working with…
The Focus Travel Partnership is the UK’s largest independent business travel agent consortium, with a combined annual turnover (corporate) in excess of £1 billion prior to Covid.
The Focus Partnership consists at present of 51 TMC Partners, situated across the UK. Each company is independently owned.
We are extremely proud of our TMC Partners and although their skills and travel knowledge are as different as the individuals themselves, they all share a passion for business travel and a desire to tailor their travel services to the individual needs of their corporate clients.
Our Focus Partners work across many industries offering travel solutions to their diverse customer base. The range covers, oil and gas, entertainment, finance and manufacturing to name but a few.
We work closely with our partners to provide them with the tools to offer their customers the most inspirational, yet affordable range of travel products. This includes the largest private nett fare content, commercials with the world’s major airlines, GDS and third party technology solutions.
What you would be doing…
You, as PR & Marketing Executive, would report to the Partnership Project Manager, and work alongside seven other members of the team. You would be working closely with the Partnership Project Manager and CEO. However all of the team works closely together, along with our TMC Partners and Suppliers. This role will give you the freedom to grow the role as well as the company.
The overall purpose of this role is to build the Focus brand awareness, drive retention and engagement whilst ensuring consistency of brand messaging. A key part of the role is raising Focus in the business travel sector through the likes of PR, Marketing and Events.
- Press release writing
- Work towards a PR strategy
- Be willing and able to create press contacts with travel sectors and beyond
- Be point of contact for press
- Write quotes from a Focus Brand perspective
- Be comfortable with deadlines
- Look for award opportunities for Focus and their TMC Partners
- Write and submit award submissions, including gathering evidence such a testimonials and building presentations to support
- Help to ensure Focus stays ‘On brand’ through all channels
- Help with social media
- Create simple assets for social/overall brand messaging
- Site visits to various venues
- Events Admin, including name badges, registration, liaise with preferred suppliers
- Help with branding the event, including building the programme
To do this you must have…
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy and the ability to confidently present to colleagues
- Proficient with the Microsoft suite
- Project Management qualifications preferable
- Previous experience essential
- Experience working to strict deadlines
- Proven ability to organise
- Flexibility dealing with multiple and varying duties concurrently
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- Self-starter with a proved can-do attitude
- An eye for detail with a systematic approach to work plus the ability to produce accurate work under pressure
- Experience working to a budget
- An understanding of the Microsoft Office suite
- An awareness of confidentiality and data protection laws and guidelines
- Ability to be flexible and contribute to other areas of the business where required
- Calm disposition especially under pressure
- Ability to correspond with 3rd parties on a day -2-day basis
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and listening) and the ability to explain detailed information to others
- Happy to attend industry events in evening/weekends
- Happy to commute into London for staff meetings
- Commercially aware
- An excellent team player
- Approachable (due to remote working)
- Able to work independently with a level of autonomy
- Naturally enthusiastic and committed
- Knowledgeable and aware of the business & products
- Interested in your own self-development
- A strategic thinker
- An excellent problem solver and decision maker
- An excellent planner and organiser
- Creative and yet analytical at the same time
- A natural influencer and negotiator
A successful candidate should have a strong news sense and a creative mind set with a natural problem-solving attitude.
A knowledge or appreciation of the travel sector would be an added advantage too.
What you get in return…
Immediately after you start:
- 23 days leave, increasing by a day after two years’ service (to a max of 28 days)
- Birthday off
- Non-contributory pension scheme (employer contributes 3%)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye care paid for (in part)
And then after probation:
- Potential 10% end of year bonus
Sounds great doesn’t it? You want to apply don’t you? Here’s how…
Send us your up to date CV. A personal statement giving us insight beyond the experience and achievements included in your CV. email@example.com